Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter





















This year Easter was so awesome, It has been great in the past but this year was wonderful. We started our celebration on Saturday with an egg hunt at my friend Mindy's house. We were planning on going to the Church field but it started to rain, so we picnicked in her home, then Jeremiah hid the eggs. It was so fun watching the kids look for them . He hid some so hard Hyrum took at least 30 minutes finding his.

















In the evening we dyed our eggs, the kids had a blast and they also made a mess!!.









We did a nice pre Easter program with the kids.
















We did this great project that I got off my cousins page about the true meaning of Easter. The kids really loved doing it and learned so much.




Hyrum was reading the scriptures.




Daddy and Hyrum reading another scripture.






George smashing his Pecans!! They represented Jesus being Beaten.




Mabel Stomping her Pecan's


Iris trying to use a shoe to get hers crushed





Easter Morning The kids woke up and couldn't wait to find their baskets. Hyrums was so hard he didn't find his until after Church. Iris blurted out in primary where his was. He was angry. We also finished our Easter lesson before Church by opening the tomb(The oven) to see what happened to Jesus(some cookies). They learned the cookies were hollow which represented the hollow tomb when they opened it. I think it was a great lesson.


































Iris thought the cookies were yucky!!


In the evening we had an Easter dinner. Just our family. It was wonderful just being us. Thanks to Rachel who saved my dinner it was wonderful. The kids and Ben watched the testament while I cleaned up. And then we talked all about the video the savior and what was talked about at church. And finished off the night with Ice cream. Over all the day was wonderful.


I just want to end off this post with my testimony of my Savior. I am so grateful for the atonement. I am grateful for his example to me and my family. I truly love him. I love the gospel and know it is true. I know the book of Mormon is the word of God. And I also know the Bible is the word of god as far as it is translated correctly. I am glad I have to opportunity to go to Church each week and learn more about the gospel. And get to feel the spirit so my week can be wonderful. I say this in Jesus name Amen.

2 comments:

  1. that is soo awesome! can you please share the lesson? you can email it or post on EM to me Thanks soo much! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures Marie! Sounds like you all had a really nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete